The weather widget retrieves live weather data from the Open Weather Map Weather Service. The icon
and temperature updates in real-time when the weather report updates. The Open Weather Map Weather Service is FREE and access is provided by a free API key which must be entered
on the property sheet.
Add our open weather service to the station services configuration.
Note: The Wunderground weather service is no longer free, so we have changed weather providers. If you have a Wunderground API key it will stop working soon. Our Weather Service module is Free when bought with this widget.
1. Copy the weatherWidget-ux.jar file to your modules directory.
2. Open the module from your palette file.
3. Drag and drop the widget from the palette onto your px view.
The widget has a number of configurable properties that can be used to modify look, feel, and functionality.
Forecast: set this current, 3day, or 5day.
Days: set this to the days of the week. Different languages can be used.
Short Days: set this to the short abbreviations days of the week. Different languages can be used.
NOTE: weather icons only show up in Workbench when you toggle the browser preview button
Verify the Niagara Open Weather Service (FREE when purchased with Weather Widget) is configured in the station services.
You can now use the widget in your custom html page as long as the html file is in a appropriate station directory. E.g.:
1. Create an html page and place in your station files directory.
2. Create a div element and give it an id so you can inject the widget into this area. E.g.: widget1.
3. Add the following scripts before the closing head tag or the closing body tag. E.g.: